The victim of a Muswellbrook home invasion has been found guilty of stabbing two of the perpetrators as they went to leave his property.
Muswellbrook Local Court yesterday heard the 25-year-old man claimed he acted in self-defence when three-armed people turned up at his home in Dalwood Crescent late at night in July this year.
But after a full day hearing, Magistrate Kevin Hockey told the man, who can’t be named for legal reasons, that his argument only covered while he was inside his home.
The court was told the victim got into a scuffle with the 48-year-old woman and 16-year-old boy as they went to leave after he had been hiding behind a car outside.
The court heard the incident on July 8 was preceded two days earlier by accusations of domestic violence.
Magistrate Kevin Hockey also found two assaults and one of stalk / intimidate were also proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
He’ll be sentenced next month.