Muswellbrook Shire Council
The following facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Muswellbrook and Denman Libraries
- Muswellbrook Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Denman Memorial Pool
- Muswellbrook Indoor Sports Centre
- Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre
- Denman Memorial Hall; and
- Stan Thiess Centre
The Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre will not reopen following its closure last week. The Denman Memorial Hall and Stan Thiess Centre will not be available for hire until further notice.
These closures are consistent with the Prime Minister’s announcement that all non-essential community spaces are to be closed from midday today.
Council is currently working on a range of strategies to deliver services remotely and to vulnerable people and those in self-isolation.
Upper Hunter Shire Council
Upper Hunter Shire Council is temporarily closing some sites as a precautionary measure in the interests of public health. We are taking measures to reduce physical contact between people including Council staff. Many Council services will still be available online or over the phone.
TEMPORARY CLOSURES from Tuesday 24 March 2020:
- Libraries – Aberdeen, Cassilis, Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone. Visit www.uhrl.nsw.gov.au to access eBooks and more online any time.
- Public swimming pools – Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone
- Visitor Information Centres (VICs) - Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone
- Youth Centres - Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone. If you need to speak to a Youth Worker call 0439 090 891. Follow the centre’s FB Pages for updates.
- Community halls
- Most sporting venues for group activities. You can still take the dog for a walk or kick a ball around with your kids, just keep up the social distancing and hand washing.
- Cash payments at Council facilities (payment by card or cheque only) including Waste Management Facilities and Administration Centres
CLOSED from Monday 30 March 2020:
- Administration Centres in Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone will close Monday 30 March. Staff will still be available to assist you by phone or email.
If there are issues that cannot be resolved remotely, please call Council to make an appointment or other arrangements.
CURRENTLY OPEN with restrictions:
- Public toilets on highways and one toilet in each town will remain open, allowing us to double the cleaning schedules. BYO toilet paper is advised, as stocks are stolen from facilities.
- Scone Animal Shelter, with social distancing arrangements enforced. You can still adopt make an appointment to view and adopt animals from the shelter.
- Gummun Place, with restrictions that residents and families have been informed of.
- Childcare - Early Learning Centre and SOOSH. Parents are encouraged not to bring children to the services (and never if a child or parent is sick) if other arrangements can be made.
Council is continually assessing the situation and will advise of any change in services as soon as possible. This information is current as at 23 March 2020. Get the most up to date Council information from our website at any time.
Hunter Local Land Services (HLLS)
HLLS released a statement today telling customers their service centres will be open by appointment only.
"The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority and we are committed to taking important steps in reducing the spread of COVID-19."
"From Tuesday 24 March customer service centres of Local Land Services will be open by appointment only and all contact should be done online or via telephone."
"Whilst our offices are closed to the public for face to face contact, Local Land Services will continue to provide essential on-ground services, such as biosecurity and emergency management where safe and practical."
"The best way you can contact Local Land Services during this period is by sending an enquiry online via www.lls.nsw.gov.au or by calling 1300 795 299. We are still here and working to keep you safe in these challenging times."