Local News

Keep looking when you're cooking Upper Hunter

keep looking.jpg

Local firies are urging the Upper Hunter to keep looking while you're cooking. 

The Edinglassie Rural Fire Service crew was called to a home on the southern side of Muswellbrook last night following reports of an explosion.

Crews arrived to find food in a convection microwave had been overcooked and turned to charcoal.

Luckily no one suffered any major injuries and the kitchen wasn’t damaged either.

Edinglassie RFS says this incident could of been a whole lot worse for everyone involved.

If you are cooking please make sure you keep looking whilst you have appliances turned on in the kitchen.

keep looking2.jpg

Image credit: Edinglassie Rural Fire Brigade https://www.facebook.com/Edinglassie/