The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a minor flood warning for the Upper Hunter River at Muswellbrook and Denman.
The Hunter River at Muswellbrook is likely to reach the minor flood level (7.20 m) this afternoon with further rises are possible.
While Denman is likely to reach the minor flood level (6.50 m) overnight into tomorrow with further rises are possible.
It follows after major flooding occurring at Scone was also announced today.
The Scone at Kingdon Ponds is currently at 3.80 metres and near its peak, with major flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
For more information:
- Road closure information on local roads contact Upper Hunter and Muswellbrook Councils. http://upperhunter.nsw.gov.au/ https://www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au/
- Road information on State Government managed roads go to the Live Traffic NSW website at http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au
- Rural animal and livestock assistance contact your Local Land Services Office
- You can find more information on the weather in the catchments of the Upper Hunter River from the Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au
Image: Tony Ferries