The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) has announced major flooding is occurring at Scone.
Moderate rainfall across the Upper Hunter River catchment overnight Thursday into Friday has caused major flooding at Kingdon Ponds.
"Kingdon Ponds is likely to reach around 3.90 metres Friday morning, with major flooding," BoM said.
Across the Upper Hunter low lying rural properties and roads may be affected.
At Scone and surrounding areas:
- Possible isolation of Sator due to road closures
- Main Merriwa to Scone road may close
- At Aberdeen and surrounding areas:
- Localised flooding may inundate properties in the Blairmore Lane area
At Muswellbrook and surrounding areas:
- Equipment and Livestock warning has been issued
"Residents in the low lying sections of Aberdeen including McAdam, McQueen, Segenhoe, Dart, Hall, Gunderbri, Nandowra and Willow Grove Village section of New England Highway should monitor the situation accordingly.
"Residents in the low lying sections of Muswellbrook should monitor the situation accordingly," the SES said.
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
Residents are advised to:
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
- NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
- Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
- Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
- Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
- BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 12:30 pm EDT on Friday 26 November 2021.