Renewed flooding is expected across NSW inland rivers and the Hunter River from tomorrow.
The NSW State Emergency Services (SES) said the trough of low pressure lies over inland NSW bringing rain and thunderstorms across the state into the weekend.
"This rainfall may cause new and renewed flooding across NSW inland rivers and the Hunter River, many of which have been impacted by recent flooding," the SES said.
The weather system is expected to cause flooding for the catchments listed from Thursday into the weekend.
Flood Classes (minor, moderate, major) are only defined for catchments where the Bureau provides a flood warning service.
The SES are expecting Goulburn and Upper Hunter Rivers to have minor flooding and the Wollombi Brook and Lower Hunter River to experience minor to moderate flooding.
People in areas likely to be impacted by flooding should consider:
- Refraining from driving or walking through flood water
- Road closures and flood isolation may impact on work, family and educational commitments
- Monitoring emergency warnings and severe weather updates on local radio, NSW SES Northern Rivers Facebook Page and Bureau of Meteorology website
- If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top
- If you are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so
- Securing outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take essential medicines and clothes with you
- Farmers should move machinery, livestock, pumps, and fodder to flood free ground
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
For more information:
- Listen to your local radio station
- follow the NSW SES on Facebook or www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- Latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/
- Road Closures: www.livetraffic.com.au or www.myroadinfo.com.au
- Rural animal and livestock assistance, contact Local Land Services
The next bulletin will be issued by Friday 26 November 2021 at 11:00 am
Image: James Constable