House fire cause determined as accidental

June 29, 2023 10:21 am in by
A house in Sedgenhoe Street Aberdeen destroyed by fire. Image NSW Fire and Rescue Station 208

Firefighters have urged Upper Hunter residents to ring emergency triple zero without hesitation if a fire starts in your home.

A home on Sedgenhoe Road in Aberdeen was destroyed in a blaze last Friday morning….the occupant attempting to put the fire out first before being overcome and contacting the local firies.

Fire crews could only stop the blaze from spreading to neighbouring homes.

Article continues after this ad

The fire caused by a wayward ember from an open fire place in the loungeroom has been officially found to be the cause.