Fencing/Land Management Technician
- HCB Rural and Land Management
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
- $60,000 - $70,000
HCB Rural and Land Management (HCBRLM) Pty Ltd is located in Singleton, NSW. We service the Hunter Valley area, although the majority of our work is in the Singleton LGA.
HCBRLM provides a variety of services including fencing, weed spraying, vertebrate pest management and property management/maintenance.. Our work sites and clients range from rural landholders, residential clients, mining companies, commercial businesses and government agencies including NPWS.
We are looking to employ additional team members with experience and genuine interest in land management work.
This position requires a hard working, self motivated person who will be hands on with all aspects of land management work within our business, in particular fencing.
On a daily basis responsibilities will include:
1. Preparation for the days work - organising tools and materials, personal protective equipment, pre-start checks on vehicles and equipment, preparing/reviewing Safe Work Method Statements
2. Interacting with clients and working with them to achieve excellent work results
3. Completing hands-on, land management tasks in particular fencing projects including timber, steel, colourbond in rural and commercial workplaces.
We work across a variety of work sides including rural, mining, commericial, NPWS and private.
As we are required to work on some sites with very strict smoking, drug and alcohol polices, all employees are required to follow these polices and applicants should be mindful of this when considering applying for the job. It will also be necessary to pass an Order 43 Medical, which includes drug and alcohol testing.
It is essential that candidates:
• Have a full drivers license and reliable transport
• Are over 21 years of age
• Have a current Construction Industry White Card
• Have experience in fencing, in particluar rural timber and steel fencing including post and rail
• Can demonstrate previous work experience as a fencer, particularly rural fencing and has the ability to complete fencing jobs with minimal supervision.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience operating chainsaws and have accredited chainsaw training
• Have current Chemical Use accreditation
• Current First Aid training
• Experience in developing safe work procedures and understanding how to manage on the job hazards.
• Have experience with heavy machinery such as tractors, skid steer loaders and excavators
• Experience in other land management work such as weed control, slashing, brush cutting etc.
This position will be a full time position for anyone who can demonstrate commitment to the role, flexibility and initiative.
Before applying understand that the job is located in Singleton and if not living locally must be prepared to travel to Singleton to work daily.