- Hollydene Estate Wines & Vines Restaurant
- Jerrys Plains
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Sunday to Thursday 8.30am to 3pm; Friday 8.30am to 9pm and Saturday 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding functions at which you would be expected to be present).
* Permanent full-time
* Family friendly hours of operation
* Potential to take Head Chef role
Vines at Hollydene are seeking an experienced Chef/cook with an unrivalled passion for serving up beautiful food. Depending on the successful individual, the role has the potential to develop into a Head Chef role over time. With our focus on Paddock to Plate – incorporating meat from our own livestock and produce from our own gardens - we are seeking an individual with a strong creative flair who not only covets the providence of our produce but also enjoys showcasing it.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will oversee a kitchen team of up to 10 individuals. Your duties will be varied and incorporate all aspects of a commercial kitchen such as designing and creating menus, developing new recipes, preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes, stock control, the management of food hygiene practices and overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards. You will also be involved in training and mentoring your colleagues and be responsible for managing the team rosters.
A team player you will be expected to liaise closely with the Restaurant Manager with regards to stock ordering, menu changes and the smooth running of the front and back of house operations whilst at the same time being able to work and make decisions independently when required to do so.
As a restaurant in a winery our kitchen hours are much shorter and more flexible than a standard kitchen, making this the perfect opportunity for a tree changer or family focused individual. Our kitchen operational hours are as follows: Sunday to Thursday 8.30am to 3pm; Friday 8.30am to 9pm and Saturday 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding functions at which you would be expected to be present).
Vines Restaurant is an integral part of Hollydene Estate Wines which has been operating since 2003 across three of the oldest vineyards in the Upper Hunter Valley. Encompassing a 120-seat restaurant supported by a 50 seat alfresco and 50 seat barrel function room as well as a modern cellar door and bar, the Vines is unique. With stunning views over the Wollemi National Park the restaurant is located just over an hour from Newcastle and 2.5 hours from Sydney on the Golden Highway - providing for a great diversity of clientele from local to city based.
This is a permanent full-time position for the right person and offers you the chance to live and work in one of the most stunning locations in New South Wales. The successful Candidate must be prepared to relocate to the area and a remuneration/accommodation package commensurate with this position will be available to the right person (family, couple or single).
Vines is an Accredited 457 Visa Sponsor.
For more information on the Estate visit: www.hollydeneestate.com / www.vinesathollydene.com
* A passion for serving up good food and a creative flair
* Previous experience of the following: designing and creating menus, developing new recipes, preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes, stock control, the management of food hygiene practices and overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards. Additionally past experience of managing team rosters and mentoring team members will be looked upon favourably.