Butcher/Small Goods Producer
Company: Merrifield Farm
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000Job Description:
Do you have a passion for great food? Are you skilled with a knife and know your way around butchering meat? Ready for a tree change?
Merrifield Farm is looking for a fulltime butcher/small goods producer to join our on-farm team. We are a small family run farm and free-range pork producer in the Upper Hunter. We are a paddock to plate business, utilising our Berkshire Pigs, Speckle Park Cattle and local ingredients to produce a range of products and small goods.
We are looking for an experienced butcher/chef with a passion for food and food production. Our ideal applicant will be a self-starter who is able to work independently, and as part of the farm team.
• Retail butchering of Merrifield Farm Pork, Beef and Lamb including:
• Preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size as ordered
• Preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
• Selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods including our Salami range
• Operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
• Making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
• Operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
• Advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
• Weighing, packaging and pricing products.
• Production of finished meat products packaged for sale
• Production of value-added products and ready-to-eat products
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Hours of work: Flexible