WHAT OCCURRED DURING MULTIPLE SYDNEY RAIDS
- 52 search warrants as part of three separate operations - code-named Kindra, Veyda and Astantine - executed across Sydney.
- 32 homes raided.
- 14 people arrested.
- The allegations involve a possible link to a plot to import hundreds of kilograms of MDMA and illegal tobacco into Australia.
- Raids conducted by the Middle Eastern Crime Squad, NSW Joint Organised Crime Group, Australian Federal Police and NSW Police.
- 11 search warrants carried out in Cabramatta.
- 13 search warrants executed around Rockdale, Mascot, Arncliffe area.
- Kings Cross identity John Ibrahim's Dover Heights home targeted, along with properties in Vaucluse, Bellevue Hill, Bankstown, Punchbowl and Arncliffe.
- John Ibrahim's brothers Michael and Fadi, and his son Daniel, 27, were swooped on during a dinner in Dubai and are in custody.
- Also among the 14 people arrested are members of other notable Sydney families, including:
- Ahmad Ahmad, known as "Rock". Brother of slain standover man Walid "Wally" Ahmad who was shot and killed on the rooftop car park of Bankstown Central shopping centre in April 2016.
- Mustapha Dib, who walked free from jail in February 2016 after his conviction for the murder of a young woman was quashed. He was handed a sentence of at least 30 years in 2012 for the execution-style killing but three judges found there was reasonable doubt he was responsible.
* Sources ABC, 2GB Radio; Fairfax; News Ltd
© AAP 2017