ARIA’s annual chart wrap-up has revealed the top singles and albums in Australia in 2018.
After spending a massive eight weeks at #1 on the ARIA singles chart in 2018, Aussie lads 5 Seconds of Summer scored themselves the highest selling single of 2018 with their smash hit Youngblood, making them first Australian act in 13 years to claim the title after Anthony Callea’s The Prayer did so back in 2005.
Other Aussies joining the Top 50 charge include Dean Lewis with Be Alright coming in at #4, Amy Shark at #31 with I Said Hi and PNAU’s Go Bang at #43.
The highest selling album in Australia last year was the The Greatest Showman’s soundtrack, it spent a huge 49 weeks in the top 10. Rounding out the top three was Ed Sheeran’s ÷ and the A Star is Born soundtrack. Queen also enjoyed a resurgence following the release of the Freddie Mercury biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody.
Other local albums to make the top 50 include Vance Joy’s Nation Of Two (#18), Keith Urban’s Graffiti U at #19, Cold Chisel’s All For You best of compilation (#29), INXS’ The Very Best, Gang Of Youth’s Go Farther In Lightness (#39) and 5 Second Of Summer’s Youngblood (#45).
Top 10 Singles of 2018
- 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
- Drake - God’s Plan
- Ed Sheeran - Perfect
- Dean Lewis - Be Alright
- Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
- Post Malone - I Fall Apart
- Post Malone Feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
- Maroon 5 Feat. Cardi B - Girls Like You
- George Ezra - Shotgun
- Benny Blanco Feat. Halsey & Khalid - Eastside
Top 10 Albums of 2018
- Soundtrack – The Greatest Showman
- Ed Sheeran - ÷
- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born
- Post Malone - Beerbongs & Bentleys
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Eminem - Kamikaze
- Drake -Scorpion
- Queen - Greatest Hits
- P!nk - Beautiful Trauma
- Ed Sheeran - X